Friday, October 8, 2010

You win some, you... this.


This one was like two games. In the first game, Cain pitched strong and left with a 4-1 lead. In the second game, Sergio Romo and Brian Wilson had just gotten back from summer vacation and had to dive right back into work before their first cup of coffee.

Actually, I don't know how to explain the first bullpen failure in a month. I won't blame Bochy, because he was following the same formula that worked over and over and over. And, despite their slogan, I don't think the Giants are really torturing us. Some of them look like they might be psychotic, but I think they're just big teddy bears at heart.

I think this was just one of those freak things. Of all the things that went wrong, the most normal of them was the Pablo Sandoval error. But they had chances after that; it was before the Posey double play and the Ankiel home run. How likely is that loss really, after the way the game went until the seventh? The Braves hit the jackpot on a slot machine and that's going to be my final word on it. Now we just have to steal one in Atlanta.

Nobody said this would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment