Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Coping


Before I find a comedy on HBO I've seen a million times to try to forget about the dreadful ending to tonight's game, I want to try to describe the disappointment of this loss.

I thought that last week, when the Giants came back from nine runs down to tie the game, then take the lead only to give it right back in extra innings was painful.

But watching Jonathan Sanchez dominate the Rockies, only to have Bochy let him pitch one inning too long, then watch Wilson come in and give up a ridiculous looking thing that I guess you have to call a two-run home run, with Cody Ross running around Triples Alley like a little leaguer looking for the ball and Freddy Sanchez throwing at the ground on the relay and are you kidding me? and disappointed grunts while watching on the laptop, prompting Mrs. Orange to ask me if I'm okay from the other room and a 1-2-3 ninth...

Actually, I don't know how to finish that sentence. It was never really a sentence anyway. But the teams ahead of us in the standings are losing and we can't take advantage. Playoff teams can.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch the last 20 minutes of I Love You Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment